Photos of My Daylilies
Here are pictures of most of the daylilies I grow. Some of them have not bloomed for me yet! I will try to keep adding my new daylilies as I get their pretty faces on film. I hope these beauties can serve as an inspiration for all those daylily collectors out there!

Click here to see daylilies with names starting with:
A-D       E-H      I-L       M-P       Q-Z

Friday, June 5, 2009

Second Flower Show, First Entry - Blue Ribbon!

Best Blogger Tips
I finally joined our local daylily club, North Texas Daylily Society (NTDS). And, as luck had it, NTDS was the host for the 2009 A.H.S. Region 6 Daylily Convention, May 28 – 30, 2009. I had decided to go, so I sent in my registration and started to get really excited, as this was going to be my first Regional Meeting. As part of the activities, there was going to be the largest flower show in our region! I kept thinking that I should at least *try* to enter something. I left it up to the daylilies on the morning of the event - if there was something good blooming, then I would take it. If not, well then, I would just enjoy the show. On Thursday morning, May 28th, I found a few flowers to take to the show: Palace Garden Beauty Palace Garden Beauty Sea Siren Sea Siren Going Bananas Going Bananas Jenny Butterfield Jenny Butterfield I had never actually entered a show before, but I had found a great Power Point prestentation by Amber Strope of the Ohio Daylily Society that lead me through what I should do to enter a scape in the show. My club had actually had a similar educational meeting about show entries the month before, but I was out of town and missed it, dang! Once I arrived at the show, I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Anita Causey. Photo courtesty of the Dallas Morning News - Mona Reeder She welcomed me right in, and helped me any time I asked - even though she was entering over 100 flowers in the show! Come to find out, I was up against some stiff competition. She and her husband Lee have been showing (and winning) in daylily flower shows for 12 years. Photo courtesty of the Dallas Morning News - Mona Reeder There is a full story on the Causey's recently published in the Dallas Morning News - "Flower Mound couple creates winning daylily garden". I carefully groomed my daylilies, and I entered them for judging. I didn't win anything big, but I did get a blue ribbon for Going Bananas! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Here are some photos of other's entries in the show: Barbie's Favorite Barbie's Favorite Black Plush Black Plush Dolly's Lipstick Dolly's Lipstick Green Treat Green Treat Kaleidescope Treasure Kaleidescope Treasure London Tower London Tower Quartz Rainbow Quartz Rainbow Shimek's September Morning Shimek's September Morning True North True North Wyatt's Cameo Wyatt's Cameo

2 Post your comments:

Gotta Garden said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congrats on your show entries! Good for you! Enjoyed reading about it all. Last year, the Causeys were on the bus I rode in Houston...that was really neat.

Great pictures!

Nikki Schmith said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations! Just found your blog and hope you come back to posting more of your great pics! Im going to add you to my follow list for sure! Im blogging about daylilies too at http://zoominblooms.blogspot.com! Hope you can come by to visit!
Thanks again for the awesome pics and story of your flower show.

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips