Photos of My Daylilies
Here are pictures of most of the daylilies I grow. Some of them have not bloomed for me yet! I will try to keep adding my new daylilies as I get their pretty faces on film. I hope these beauties can serve as an inspiration for all those daylily collectors out there!

Click here to see daylilies with names starting with:
A-D       E-H      I-L       M-P       Q-Z

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Marriott's Daylilies

Best Blogger Tips
My second Mail Order experience was with Marriott's Gardens, located in Freedom, California. I had heard lots of raving reviews of the plants they send via daylily friends and lots of posts made on the Garden Web Daylily Forum. Before I made my order, I cruised their web pages and did a lot of research concerning the plants they had available. One of my favorite resources is a daylily database hosted by Tinker's Gardens. It is a place where you can look up a daylily by name, hybridizer, color or year of hybridization. After much deliberation and consultation with the wallet, I chose a few daylilies for my first order. Hi Ho Silver Lavender Fantasia Sea of Cortez In addition to these, they were running a special, that if you spent x amount of money, that they would throw in special bonus plant for free! That plant was Jerry Nettles. I placed my order via their online website. I was very happy that I immediately got an email from Bill Maryott to confirm my order. It was very easy to order, and I got to schedule the date for when I would like them delivered. Now, I knew from my previous experience, that I wanted to wait until it cooled off before I planted these new babies. So I decided that fall would be a great delivery time. Of course, as my daylily addiction grew, I found a few more that I wanted to add to my order, and Bill Maryott was more than accomodating when I placed my phone call to add on a few more daylilies. I also chose: Mildred Mitchell Navy Blues When it was finally time to get my order, Maryott's sent me an email on the pre-aranged date that they were to ship, stating that they had sent out my daylilies. Yippe!! I was so excited! Three days later they arrived at the house, and I was even more excited - the box was huge! I unloaded my plants and to my surprise, there were THREE MORE gift plants in the box - Velvet Eyes These Eyes Palace Garden Beauty Here are the plants upon arrival: Needless to say, I was very happy with my plants. Very green, healthy roots and lots and lots of extra fans. Here are my pictures of my flowers that have bloomed from these great plants. Hi Ho Silver Lavender Fantasia Sea of Cortez Jerry Nettles Mildred Mitchell Navy Blues Velvet Eyes These Eyes Palace Garden Beauty

0 Post your comments:

Post a Comment

Best Blogger Tips